Friday, October 4, 2013

My blog is born

Why am I running for Red Deer Public School Board?

I retired from teaching last June, and I still have a strong desire to be involved with education. I am running to be a Red Deer Public School Board Trustee because I want to work for what is best for our schools and our students. I want to share the knowledge and experiences I have gained as a teacher in Red Deer Public School District with other trustees and together make decisions that are best for our students.

Why am I blogging?

There is a big difference between being passively informed and actively consulted. A blog is a great way for trustees to make their thinking transparent and have two-way communication. I hope to engage regularly via the comments' section on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment